Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Survivor "Man" Fantasy




I have the same scepticism with the Bear Grills show, I am a huge fan of the show, but I believe that most of his advice would kill a person with no prior training, it’s only an entertainment show and he is pretty close to die a few times, some of his climbing requires strength that only a small % of the population has, being a former SAS soldier he can do thing that 99,999% would not be able to do. Same goes for the show Dual Survival with Cody Lundin and Dave Canterbury, Cody’s barefoot approach has more negative than positive benefits, even if you as he has spent over 20 years with no shoes to toughen up the skin under you feet. I have no formal training in bush craft, probably the last person to take advice from, but my common sense has no doubt that those shows are pure entertainment, with skilled persons but with the problem that regular untrained persons would no be able to perform those tasks.


No comments: