Thursday, September 6, 2012

Unconventional Training Basics Workout Plan Overview


Month 1: Unconventional Training BasicsThe Unconventional Training Basics Workout Plan is a 4 week program that utilizes the most common unconventional training methods: sandbags, kettlebells, and bodyweight (calisthenics) for full body strength, conditioning, and agility.


Purpose/Focus: Strength, Conditioning, Agility
Term: 4 Weeks
Body Parts Used: All
Equipment: Kettlebell, Sandbag




Unconventional Training Basics Description:

While the Unconventional Training Basics Workout Plan is intended to give beginners a starting guideline to the "Mad Methods," anyone can use it for awesome performance gains, even advanced users. The workout plan utilizes basic movements involving kettlebells, sandbags, and bodyweight to give you overall strength, conditioning, and agility.
The program involves a 2-on, 1-off schedule, meaning that you will be weight training for two days before taking one day off. This is a good way to get started in a year-long workout program because it will give you plenty of rest while also keeping you on schedule. I've found that having more than two days off while starting a long term program can easily lead to three days off, then four days off, until you're off forever! Stick to the schedule for the best results.

Contributor Information:

My Mad Methods, Mark de Grasse
Mark de Grasse is the owner of MyMadMethods.com, My Mad Methods Magazine, and My Mad Methods Productions. In addition to being a certified trainer specializing in kettlebells and bodyweight training, Mark is also the chief editor and designer of both the website, magazine, and My Mad Methods Productions DVDs. Find out more.

3 comments:

Annett said...

I really like this plan and might incorparate it in my schedule. Is it ok for females to use? Or would you recommend some changes to it?

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Sorry for the long delay with my answer and posting your comment, I seldom check comments, big mistake from my part.

I mainly post things of personal interest, how to incorporate unconventional training methods requires IMHO help from a professional as it is unconventional it involves a risk, doing it wrong can do more harm than good. I used to train a lot of kettlebell as the only instrument for whole body workouts and a clubbell, but after e serious nerve damage I have not been able to train with kettlebell’s or other types of strength training, but I always had the opinion that I needed to do it correct to avoid injuries. A rule of thumb for me is that if it’s painful for the joints or ligaments it’s not good for you, if it is hard to do due to lack of strength it only requires to find the adequate weight or reps, discomfort as being outside the comfort zone is good but pain due to wrong technique or a too high workload can be adjusted to gain benefits instead of injuries.