Sunday, August 5, 2012

CSW 2012 CAMP Youth Pad Work





I have been planning if I wanted to teach kids again, as I only have been teaching blade combatives, kids cannot train with us, our minimum age is 18 years, I have considered what to teach children and have decided to be grappling with no submissions, stand up fighting with punches, kicks and takedowns, no elbows or head butts, some sword training with rubber swords, with a primary goal to be fun and play, not concerned about functional fighting skills about how to maim and kill people, only basic self defence and with a heavy emphasis on verbal self defence. I used to teach children Kyokushinkai Karate 2 years when I was a teen, also seniors if the person who was supposed to teach was sick, some children are fun to teach others can be a nightmare and have given me doubts, but as I can exclude anyone I want it's easier as if they can't behave properly they get excluded, just like i do with grown men who can't behave properly.

No comments: