Saturday, March 2, 2013

Basic Muay Thai Pad Drills: Inside Left Kick Counters




I used to hate math, but later got fascinated by it when I read Rudy Rucker’s book “Mind Tools”, the way he explained the relationship between numbers and geometry, Gödel's incompleteness theorem, changed me on several levels besides gaining new knowledge, see the beauty of mathematics, it had a huge philosophical impact on me. I have a huge interest in patterns as it what has evolved us, to see the connections and discover why specific events happens that has made us the dominant life form, but as everything is a double edged sword, many patterns are constructed that are not related but perceived as related, so I am cautious to assume that when a pattern is visible I should consider about the cause than only a gut feeling, which is based on a recognition of a pattern experienced before, that can save your ass or get you killed.

The number 23 which is by some considered as a special magical number, as many believes that it appears more often in conjunction with tragedies, it is BS and it only proves that if you focus on it that will create a mind searching for that number as a pattern and suddenly see it more often. Curiously what wonders me with the 23 believers and writers of book about the number 23 is that none of them knows that it is the only number that cannot be used to construct a symmetric geometrical structure. I have spent a lot of years researching that, but never did find anyone who knew about that curious mathematical anomaly, I discovered it by reading “Mind Tools”.

I do due to training and teaching AMOK! have a focus on certain numbers 15, 45, 90, 135 (and all of them are divisible with 9 as the common pattern), when teaching about a lot of various subjects as structure as an example, those who knows why I don’t need to write a long explanation, for others who want to know train with someone who knows why those numbers are important. But the number that I see most often is used in most martial arts is 45, which pop up in this instructional video.

No comments: