Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Kratos knife combat accidents HD



How to deal with injuries in training, after over 25 years of training and most of them full contact, I have accumulated various injuries, the reason I have trained so many styles is that I changed style depending on the current injuries. As an example I trained MMA and BJJ, but after the second serious contagious skin disease I had to stop to not infect my team and the it took over 2 years to get rid of that disease, so I started training Escrima and combat with medieval European weapons again after a long break, when I was healed I started to train Submission Wrestling again but suffered a serious nerve damage in my dominant right arm and had to stop, as I tried to continue training but the after surgery I was advised to not train any combat sport that would add pressure on my elbow or use elbows to strike and any contact to my fingers triggers excruciating pain, so now I teach and have stopped cross training other martial arts, but as I teach 6 hours every week and have to fight often when teaching, I don’t want to risk to have a permanent injury and get enough training without risking to worsen the damage. If you use an injury as a new way to train other important aspects of combat instead of seeing it as an impediment and not train, you loose the opportunity to learn how to fight under less than perfect conditions, there is no guarantee that you will be attacked when you are fresh and have no injuries, better to do it in a safe environment than have to find a way to deal with it while you are under attack on the street completely unprepared. https://www.facebook.com/KratosCombatives

No comments: