Monday, August 19, 2013

Power Corrupts? Groundbreaking New Neuroscience Study Says, “Absolutely.”


http://thoughtsonliberty.com/power-corrupts-groundbreaking-new-neuroscience-study-says-absolutely

This is a very important factor as many martial arts systems are hierarchical in their structure and has a structure that gives powers, which often lead to wars for status and creates divisions by those who want more power. Nearly every martial style is fractured into many subgroups created by the lust for power than a disagreement on a personal level or how to perform the techniques correctly. That is what attracts me to AMOK! with it’s structure to avoid that power politics crap, we train in our group as individuals and no one is valued more than other by status, we are all equal by the way we treat each other, there is off course a difference in the skills of the individuals, but no one bows for anyone, we salute each others as equals and brothers, no big or smaller brother.  The mirror system is a fact that I have exploited when sparring as I noticed that my opponents would mirror the attacks I launched, I used to do a roundhouse kick to the head and then I would do lowkicks to the standing leg as most opponents want to show that they also can do that. Knife sparring I used to have a preset list of attacks as I expected the opponent trying to mirror what I had launched and have the counter attacks ready, it was nearly always a 90% successful strategy, the inspiration came from a weird source, trying to figure out how Derren Brown, the best mental magician/ illusionist I have seen, could imbed messages and make people do things he wanted them to do, while having my eureka moment and discovered how he did some of his imbedded messages, I tried to use them in sparring and it worked. It’s a mixture of the opponent’s ego who wants to show that he can do the same and that he will repeat the last action he has seen and mirror the attack.    

No comments: