Tuesday, January 1, 2013

JKD: Attack & Counterattack DVD (Sample)




The idea looks very familiar to my way to fight empty hands, to use fakes and I always try to never think parry but counter attack, that removes the psychological problem with going from defensive to aggressive, all the parries have to hurt and create as much pain as possible, the pain will make the opponent become more tense and will make him less explosive and slows him down.

The human chess game of combat is to be at least one step ahead, either in an OODA loop or other ways to analyze the strategic situation and be one step ahead, I use mainly fakes or frame my opponent as it has a higher success rate, and I prefer to initiate instead of responding and set my opponent in a trap, being in a reactive mode is the last thing you should end up in, it is far better to have your opponent in a reactive state of mind as he will fail after 4-5 powerful and fast attacks, his mind will be overloaded on will never come further than the Observe or if he is good to the Orientate in an OODA loop.

I have lately started to wonder why I had to discover so many things on my own, luckily I have a toolbox from AMOK! to analyze what looks like the chaos of combat, why didn’t any instructor ever taught me how to set up attacks successfully, and instead showed me isolated techniques that would never work unless the opponent is an idiot, drunk or have some other problem.

My guess is that in most martial arts there is no opposition to test your skills and find the gaps that needs to be closed, that many of the instructors knows a lot of moves but have never been in a fight and have no idea what an adrenalin dump feels in a real life or death situation, I have fought in various tournaments but it will never be as scary as to be threaten to be killed with deadly weapons outside the comfort zone of training. 

No comments: