Tuesday, June 18, 2013

100-man kumite. Shokei Matsui




It is insane and I have total respect for those who can do it, my 7 man kumite was pure hell as I was gassed out before the fights from the physical test and they were pure survival fights, just hanging in and try to win the 4 fights I needed to get my belt, that I barely managed to do and the last fight I was a punching bag as I couldn’t move at all and just hoped to not get KO, I was covered in blood and it was normal, on every photo of a 10 man kumite I have seen at the dojo I trained at, they were all smeared in blood and looked like they had been brutally assaulted, which the fight test becomes very fast no matter how well prepared one believes to be. Last time I did something similar was 8 years ago in an initiation ritual at an Old Boys Kyokushin club for high level above 30 years old, it was only punching 2 minutes rounds against 8 opponents in a row with no breaks in between, the first 4 tried to avoid to get hit and were defensive while I punched with maximum power, when I gassed out they suddenly stepped up the intensity to maximum intensity as I could not counter attack and I was in a pure survival mode, only trying to defend myself and the clock seemed so slow as it would never end, I hate those what I consider torture test as I learn nothing other that gassing out is the point where anyone can beat the crap out of me, but I knew that so it was merely the old school Kyokushin experience of getting beaten hard and survive and not quit before the order to stop is announced, I can't believe that I actually  did want to one day try to do it when I was a teenager, happy I didn’t do it as my favourite fighter almost died from dehydration and the beating as he was not allowed to drink water in an extremely hot dojo with huge spotlights for the camera that raised the temperature even more, such test can do permanent damage as it had on the 7 years in a row world champ with no weight classes. 

No comments: